[ECO] Philadelphia Media Founders Exchange 2.0
Program Eligibility & Criteria
These criteria are guidelines to identify who the program will best serve. If you do not meet the criteria exactly (revenue, etc.), we still encourage you to apply.
- You are at least 21 years of age.
- You are located in the Philadelphia region (Bucks, Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, and Philadelphia counties in Pennsylvania. Burlington, Camden, and Gloucester counties in New Jersey. And, New Castle County, Delaware).
- You are able to participate in virtual programming and have access to the internet.
- You identify as Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, or a person of color.
- You are a media entrepreneur. You are a media maker who has an existing business that has:
- Existed for at least one year;
- Demonstrated traction (customers, revenue, other community indicator);
- Earned less than $400,000 in annual revenue per year; and
- A desire to grow and/or deepen your commitment to serving your local community.
- You are a media intrapreneur. You are a media maker who may have launched an initiative inside of a news enterprise and wish to scale an independent initiative. You:
- Can successfully demonstrate you have started an initiative (a product or service) inside of a news enterprise; and
- Wish to launch and scale an initiative of your own outside of the news enterprise and you have a documented plan and prototype to develop it.
- You can commit 12-15 hours per month to this program.
- You are deeply connected to and knowledgeable about the community you serve.
- You are interested in and passionate about growing your business.
- You are excited to connect and work in community with your peers in the ecosystem.
- You value collaboration, sharing knowledge, experimentation, sharing wins and lessons, and bringing ideas and solutions to the table.